Push a Free VNC Prog via GPO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Push a Free VNC Prog via GPO

Hi Guys, been a while since i been here..

I googled and all, found some batch scripts, adm files and more.
    I want to deply VNC on 60-70 pcs, so the manager can connect to the pcs with out the users watching them, i know it's possiblle with VNC that no need icon or permission to do that.
    The VNC should be free as far as it's up to 100 workstations.

How can i use GPO to push the package (exe not msi i have found yet), and add that template adm file, they got thier own GPO.

Will keep searching but maybe some1 can save my time,
    i prefer with GPO and ADM then with a script for the settings (password, etc).
    Thanks & Regards

Retaliator

MCSA/MCSE/CCNA
    Computer Science Graduate

Re: Push a Free VNC Prog via GPO

If I have understood that you want msi file so that it can be pushed.....

If that is right just for any software wich can create msi file from any exe. there are plenty of tools available to do so.....

Regards,
    Kapil Sharma
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Life is too short, Enjoy It.

Comment

I would very strongly urge you to check on the security problems with the "Free" version of VNC. It is an inherently insecure product and the potential for an unidentified, unauthorised user to connect and use a PC running VNC Free server is very high. I would encourage you to look at allocating budget for VNC Enterprise which has integrated Kerberos and client/server encryption.

One other thing; it is easy to tell from the client side when you are being observed; the tray icon turns black, and desktop response and performance is reduced. With slow connections, desktop background will be removed and any graphical effects such as font smoothing and dialog shadows will not display.

Aside from those considerations there is the other problem; is it legal in your locality to remotely "spy" on your users without their permission?

Tom
      For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Hi, i know the risks.
        For now that's the choice
        But i could not find any reasonable made already MSI for my needs.
        What would be the best way to install VNC with the definitions, password and so from GPO .. only MSI.
        Thanks & Regards

Retaliator

MCSA/MCSE/CCNA

Comment

Originally posted by Retaliator View Post
          Hi Guys, been a while since i been here..

I googled and all, found some batch scripts, adm files and more.
          I want to deply VNC on 60-70 pcs, so the manager can connect to the pcs with out the users watching them, i know it's possiblle with VNC that no need icon or permission to do that.
          The VNC should be free as far as it's up to 100 workstations.

How can i use GPO to push the package (exe not msi i have found yet), and add that template adm file, they got thier own GPO.

Will keep searching but maybe some1 can save my time,
          i prefer with GPO and ADM then with a script for the settings (password, etc).
          Be aware that it can be illegal to spy a computer without acknowledgement of the user.
          Personally I would contact a lawyer to make sure that what you're doing is perfectly legal.

About the MSI, why not creating a MSI file you're own MSI file?
          Marcel
          Technical Consultant
          Netherlands
          http://www.phetios.com
          http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
          "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
          "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Because i want a simple msi file with the settings, i tried creating MSI but then it create two installations, one the MSI package and the second the "vnc" installation which ask for enter and so..
            Thanks & Regards

Retaliator

MCSA/MCSE/CCNA

Comment

Working...
            X