Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPO to deny changing LAN properties

hi!

here's what i did, i've created a GP to deny local admin user to change their local ip. reason is they need to be admin in their local pc to run certain applications.

i've also considered using run as and just making them a standard user. but still doing this is having to give their local admin password in which i think later on they'll notice it and might change again their ip.

is such GP possible?

really need some suggestions.

Thanks!

Re: GPO to deny changing LAN properties

Have you tried:

User Config\Admin Templates\Network\Network Connections\Prohibit access to properties of components of a LAN connection
    User Config\Admin Templates\Network\Network Connections\Prohibit access to properties of a LAN connection

Sounds like one of the above is what you need. This is the reason for GPOs! As for using Run As, you can get apps on the net which encrypt a Run As property so your users will not know the details.
    |
    +-- JDMils
    |
    +-- Regional Systems Engineer, DotNet programmer & Jack of all trades
    |

Comment

@ JDmils

thanks but I did this already. also i already had a 3rd party appli for the run as.

just to clarify i just want to restrict the admin users from changing their ip! aside from that they can do what they want. is this possible?

Comment

If the GPOs are set as I detailed, then admin or no admin- they will not be able to access their LAN settings. If this is not the case then check your RSOP and run a GPResult on the workstation to check the GPO is working.
        |
        +-- JDMils
        |
        +-- Regional Systems Engineer, DotNet programmer & Jack of all trades
        |

Comment

Already figured out the cause i just added another link to my GPO to deny admin users the rights.

Thanks for the help!

Comment

Working...
          X