No announcement yet.

Installing gp for office 2007

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing gp for office 2007

We currently are not running any group policy for office and lately not having this kind of control has been causing problems. We're rolling out 2007 soon and Ive created an installer with the OCT and slipstreamed sp1. The installer looks good but
    I'd love to implement group policy for office 2007 before we roll this out.

Right now everyone is on the domain and we have a few different policy groups. Ive download the admintemplates update and have the adm files, but I'm at a loss as to how to add them to the server. Can someone point me towards documentation or give me some hints on how to install these adm files onto the domain controller so we can begin using gp for office? Is there an installer somewhere other than the .exe that extracts the adm files and /admin folder? Thanks.

Re: Installing gp for office 2007

Open GPMC, then edit your GPO, then go to user configuration, then right click administrative templates and select add/remove templates, then click the add button, then browse to the location of the templates, then select the template(s).

Re: Installing gp for office 2007

Should you encounter any problems (although joeqwerty's post is simple and clear), you can take a look at this article on this site: How can I add a new Administrative Template to an existing (or new) GPO?

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.