Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPO Passwords won't change

Hello,

I'm using Win2003 SE, servicepack 1. Everything works just fine, there is just one thing that annoys me. There are several groups of users in my main domain, that use the GPO default domain policy. One of them has problems with the password policy. When they change their password due to password aging, the password they enter is not being reset in AD.
    This results in me having to reset all their passwords every 90 days.

Does anyone know of this problem, of does it ring a bell?

Thanks in advance en wishing everyone happy 2008!

Ir Snippe

Re: GPO Passwords won't change

Use ALtools.........

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

After a user changes the password use lockoutstatus.exe from altoos to check that the changed password has been replicated to all the DCs.

If you see that the password has not been changed on any DC then you need to look for other options........... Some times if we use some additional SSO applications then it's possible that we use any third party to capture the password in plain text which writes the password in both AD and SSO application database. If this is the scenario here then make sure from application vendor that application is working fine and writing the password in AD as well.

Regards,
    Kapil Sharma
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Life is too short, Enjoy It.

Comment

Thank you for your reply, Kapil Sharma

Ill install Altools to check up on what happens with the passwords. It is always nice to have some extra tool. But I did some extra research and found a small difference between de 2 groups we use internally.

1 Group are office-employés, that use Outlook 2003. The other group are retailers that use webmail (owa) to view their mail, they dont use Outlook 2003. Both get the expire-message. The first group can change the password without any problem. They second group, that uses webmail, can't.

So Im thinking it has to do with webmail..

Comment

Password changes trough OWA are not enabled by default.
        Check this:
        http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297121
        or this:
        http://www.petri.com/enable_password...hange_2003.htm
        [Powershell]
        Start-DayDream
        Set-Location Malibu Beach
        Get-Drink
        Lay-Back
        Start-Sleep
        Wake-Up!
        Resume-Service
        Write-Warning
        [/Powershell]

BLOG: Therealshrimp.blogspot.com

Comment

Ahhh that makes my day haha. Thanks.. It so simple and most importantly, it works.

Solved

Comment

Working...
          X