Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User Configuration Settings not merging

Hi and thank you for looking,

I have OUís setup with our student users in and then other OUís setup for the locations of the computers around our site. Most Computer OUís have a GPO to apply the printer using the R2 push printer exe. Now in certain labs they have more than one printer example Black and White Laser and a Colour one. Now the Microsoft printer deployment is let down by not having a default printer option, shame. So I have written a simple script to resolve this, I have tested the script and I know this works perfectly, but Iím having issues when I apply this script to the User Configuration Settings side of the gpo, it just doesnít run. (The GPO Iím adding this too is the one sitting in the computer OU not the user OU)

When I do a model of the GPO with the user on a computer in that OU I notice itís not applying any user settings from the GPO thatís applied to the computer OU but it is applying settings from the GPO thatís applied to the Users OU. This is strange as I have Loopback processing set to Merge and I have other locations where this script is applied and is working!

I have tried recreating the GPO and OU to no affect! Iíve tried searching but couldnít come up with anything that seamed useful. Does anyone have any ideas what could be stopping the User Configuration Settings applying to the users when there push from a GPO in a Computer. I also noticed when I made other changes they didnít take effect either i.e. Applied settings in the Administrative Templates.

Thank you for reading and if you have any ideas any help is much appreciated!

Kind Regards,
    Rob
    Attached Files

Re: User Configuration Settings not merging

Hi,

You need to set it to "Replace Mode" instead of "Merge Mode".

Supported KB: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/231287

Regards,
    Kapil Sharma
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Life is too short, Enjoy It.

Comment

Thanks Kapil, I shall give that a try.

Comment

Thanks a lot.......

It worked for me.