GPO or template : allow active content to run in files on my computer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPO or template : allow active content to run in files on my computer

I`ve been looking for a gpo setting for "allow active content to run in files on my computer"
    Does someone know if it is possible to either make a adm template that includes the setting i need or solving the problem in another way and if so, how....

Hope someone can help me in this issue

Re: GPO or template : allow active content to run in files on my computer

well, no one answered so I had to figure it out myself, made a custom adm template

Comment

Hi,
      I too was looking for a gpo setting to "allow active content to run in files on my computer" but was unable to find one so I now am attempting to write a custom ADM to do this.

By any chance could you send me the text for the file please?

Thanks
      Andy

Comment

Originally posted by mskov View Post
        figure it out myself, made a custom adm template
        Glad to hear you got it sorted out .
        (Mind sharing what registryhive and extra entries you use for the custom template?)

Originally posted by AndyGarlick View Post
        I too was looking for a gpo setting to "allow active content to run in files on my computer" but was unable to find one
        Have you tried this;
        (can be a computer configuration or a user configuration)

-\ Administrative Templates
        --\ Windows Components
        ---\ Internet Explorer
        ----\ Security Features
        -----\ Local Machine Zone Lockdown Security
        Change the "Internet Explorer Processes" and "All Processes" settings from "Not configured" to-> "Disabled".

Windows XP SP2 includes some enhanced security features that help prevent attacks by viruses, and malicious users.
        - How do I configure Windows XP SP2 Internet Explorer notification when active content is downloaded or run from CD?
        - The Windows XP SP2 FEATURE_LOCALMACHINE_LOCKDOWN may prevent viewing pictures in Internet Explorer, script and/or ActiveX errors?

\Rems

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

** Remember to give credit where credit's due **
        and leave Reputation Points for meaningful posts

Comment

Working...
        X