Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prevent users from changing LAN settings

Hi,

I have disabled almost everything in GPO, but if the user is local administrator on the workstation he can still disable enable and change LAN settings,
    if he is not administrator he can't do anything as defined in the GPO settings.
    the reason for the local admin membership is because some applications won't load, permissions and so, and right now i need to disable thier option to touch the LAN, one thing is i can remove the
    Show icon in notification area when connected, but i want that to stay.
    Maybe i missed something on GPO, can any1 help
    Thanks & Regards

Retaliator

MCSA/MCSE/CCNA
    Computer Science Graduate

Re: Prevent users from changing LAN settings

That's the whole idea of the local admins group. take them out of local admins and find/fix the permissions issues for the applications (which will probably be registry keys).

Tom
    For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

I know, but we have no time finding the keys and such right now.
      Thanks & Regards

Retaliator

MCSA/MCSE/CCNA

Comment

That's the only sensible fix there is for this issue; unless you want to remove access for the local Admins group from the hundreds of registry keys necessary to prevent them changing network settings. Don't forget, they can just take ownership and change it back ANYWAY, any time they like as a local Admin.

IMHO it will be considerably easier to find those application registry keys (through something like Process Monitor) than it is to disable Admins from doing certain things; and far more productive.

So - you have a choice; do lots of hard hard work which is basically useless because it can be undone in seconds by a "savvy" user, or indulge in some fairly simple research and change permissions on the reg keys and files an application requires.

Tom
        For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Comment

p.s. http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail...r/1173372607/1

Tom

Comment

Thanks,
            Will need the developers help.
            Thanks & Regards

Retaliator

MCSA/MCSE/CCNA

Comment

Working...
            X