Screen Saver Is Not Password-Protected

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screen Saver Is Not Password-Protected

Screen Saver Is Not Password-Protected When You Apply the "Password Protect the Screen Saver" Group Policy Setting in Active Directory.

Please help!

Here are the details:
    AD - Win 2003.
    Client PC - Win XP SRV pack 2

Re: Screen Saver Is Not Password-Protected

Have you run the GP Result Wizard (in GPMC) to check which settings should be / are being applied?

Normally this sort of behaviour involves a policy conflict
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Err, GPMC is the Group Policy Management Console.
      I think you mean RSOP - Resulting Set Of Policies.
      And there is nothing particularly SBS specific about this thread - so if no objection is received within 24 hrs I will move it to the Group Policy Forum. OK?
      TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
      http://www.wintra.co.il/
      sigpic
      Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

For clarification, this is an excerpt from the Technet web site.

Group Policy Resultant Set of Policy (RSoP) reports Group Policy settings that are applied to a user or computer. Group Policy Results in Group Policy Management Console (GPMC) requests RSoP data from a target computer and presents this in a report in HTML format. Group Policy Modeling requests the same type of information, but the data reported is from a service that simulates RSoP for a combination of computer and user. This simulation is performed on a domain controller running Windows Server 2003 and is then returned to the computer running GPMC for presentation. Finally, the RSoP Microsoft Management Console (MMC) provides an alternative way to display this information, although Group Policy Results is generally the preferred method.

The GPResults wizard (accessible from GPMC) and RSOP report the same information.

Comment

Thank you, Joe
          I'm glad I'm not going completely crazy
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
          X