is there a way of preventing appearance or changing content of info pop-up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is there a way of preventing appearance or changing content of info pop-up

I have successfully applied group policu that restricts use of windows media player on client machines.
    Nevertheless, when a user tries to run it, he/she gets the following info that pops—up:
    "This operation has been cancelled due to restriction in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator."

Is there a way to prevent appearance of this pop-up, or to change its content with some other text?

thanks
    Attached Files

danac
    BL

Re: is there a way of preventing appearance or changing content of info pop-up

Hi Danac,

AFAIK this isn't possible. Whats wrong with the standard reposnce? It tells users that there is a restirction when attmepting to open the application. The only think annoying is that it says to contct your administrator which could mean unnecessary calls to the helpdesk but once users are advised they should understand.

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Re: is there a way of preventing appearance or changing content of info pop-up

Hi Michael,
      Thanx for the quick reply. This is what I needed to find out.

Background story (silly one, but as old Chinese proverb quotes: c'est la vie):
      Admin. dept. noticed that employees tend to leave media players playing CDs all day long no matter whether they work on their workstations or having some other job out of the office. A friendly remark has been issued, but, unfortunately, with no success.
      Hence the decision to prevent media player of being used.

Nevertheless, admin. dpt. at the same time wants to keep friendly status with other employees (which is in my humble opinion contradiction by default…), and they look for a solution to convince other people that media player went corrupted from frequent use. Eventually, this standard response does not support their idea...
      What a story, huh? At least a joke of the day (if not even of the week...).

Thanx anyway, this topic is closed as I am concerned!

danac
      BL

Comment

Working...
      X