No announcement yet.

2 ie things i'd like to push...

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 ie things i'd like to push...

whew, i went through both the computer and user trees and can't find what i'm looking for (maybe i need glasses!)

1) in tools|internet options|security|custom level, i need to change 'user authentication logon' from 'automatic logon only in intranet zone' to 'automatic logon with current username and password.'

2) i need to add a site to 'trusted sites.' (i should know this, but i don't.)

Re: 2 ie things i'd like to push...

TOOLS>Internet Options>Security> Click on Trusted Sites with the Green Check Mark Icon> Click on Sites> Type the url in the upper box and click on add> unckeck requires SSL unless u r using ssl(https).

You really can find it??? then you must Download the GPO reference:

It supposed to be found here:
      User Configuration / Administrative Templates / Internet Explorer / Internet Control Panel / Security Page / Internet Zone / "Logon Options"

The second one 'adding trusted sites' is more difficult to find, But we have Google for that:

User Configuration / Windows Settings / Internet Explorer Maintenance / Security
      rightclick -> "Security Zones and Content Ratings"

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

** Remember to give credit where credit's due **
      and leave Reputation Points for meaningful posts

you can do this all at once. the first thing you need to do is be at a machine without any of the IE security settings customized.

You will first want to setup GPMC on this machine which you find in the adminpak which for 2003 is located here

after setting this up, open IE security settings by opening IE > Tools > options > security. here you will want to configure everything the way you would like the security settings to be on all the machines. when you are done make sure to apply the settings.

after doing this open GPMC and create a GPO and link it however you need it to be. then edit the GPO as follows:

User config > Windows settings > Internet Explorer Maintenance > Security > double click on Security zones and Content ratings

In the dialog that pops up choose the option for "Import the current zones and privacy settings"

once you are out of everything the settings should take effect, I would link the GPO to a test OU to start with
        Technology is only as good as those who use it

My tech blog -