No announcement yet.

GPO's conflicting?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPO's conflicting?

We have set up a GPOs at our site. All of the PCs needed in this GPO structure are set in a single OU. However we seem to be having a little bit of a problem that has me banging my head against a wall.

In GPO's theres a setting to give the users/computers in that OU control over certain services. We want to give the users FULL CONTROL of the DHCP Services (for script purposes) However when we set the GPO's up the users still do not have access to start/stop DHCP Services... (or at least the script cant - Error 5 occurred access denied) could we be having some sort of GPO Conflict, like 1 GPO is stopping the other from doing this or something. We've developed a workaround around the script, however; I wish I could find the reason for this behaving like this. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Re: GPO's conflicting?

Group policies are processed in the following order Local --> site --> domain --> then OU policies. The GPO that you are setting to give them permissions to the DHCP, is it on the default domain GPO or linked to the domain? if so do you then have a GPO OU that has a different setting? I hope that makes sense, it makes sense in my head
    A+ Net+ MCP

Re: GPO's conflicting?

Are you sure the GPO is applied? Have you tried gpresult? You can also try running Group Policy Result on a computer with GPMC installed.
      What is supposed the GPO to do?

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.