No announcement yet.

Computer Setting not applying

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer Setting not applying

Hi people,

Have just re-imaged (from RIS) a laptop and all looks ok apart from the fact that it no longer does a sync at logon or logoff. The computer is in the correct OU and when i do a GPRESULT the relevant group policy object IS listed.

If i look in the registry under HKEY_USERS\S-132-354325 etc.etc\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\ there are no group policy objects in the Group policy objects folder as i compared it with another laptop.

Any ideas why this is? and any ideas on how to resolve this problem. I have tried gpupdate /force but no joy

Many thanks

Re: Computer Setting not applying

The policy shows in the output of gpresult as it was supposed to be aplied?
    Have you checked the EventViewer for any errors regarding processing GPOs?

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

Well... the GPO name is listed under the Computer Settings bit of gpresult.

Got a couple of events that i'm not sure of but i'm pretty sure they have nothing to do with GPO.

Event id 4356 (application) - EventSystem
      The COM+ Event System failed to create an instance of the subscriber partition:{41E90F3E-56C1-4633-81C3-6E8BAC8BDD70}!new:{6295DF2D-35EE-11D1-8707-00C04FD93327}. CoGetObject returned HRESULT 8000401A.

Event id 2002 (application) - Loadperf
      The MOF file created for the Outlook service could not be loaded. The error code returned by the MOF Compiler is contained in the Record Data. Before the performance counters of this service can be collected by WMI the MOF file will need to be loaded manually. Contact the vendor of this service for additional information.

Thats all i've got. Thanks for your input on this one

I'm just wondering if the image i created is the problem... Could it be?