No announcement yet.

Issues with GPO.

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues with GPO.

I am wondering if anyone has ever seen a situation where pushing out a GPO, whether new or modified, causes computers to have to run chkdsk at the next reboot? Long before I came to work at my present company they were having this issue and they believe it to be related to group policy events. I have been, up until last week, very reluctant to believe that group policy could cause this but I did push a new policy on Thursday and users started reporting that when they rebooted the system ran chkdsk. It isn't every computer and it isn't the same computer every time necessarily. I am just curious if anyone has ever heard of such a thing......

Re: Issues with GPO.

At least they cannot blame you on this one
    Sorry, couldn't help it. Have you checked the Event Viewer for anything fishy?

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

Re: Issues with GPO.

Yeah but nothing that really stands out as a possible culprit. I still am not totally convinced that GP is causing it but last weeks tests sure do make it look like it is.