• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roaming Profile Problems

Roaming Profile Problems

Hello guys.

here I'm again with yet another problem

I have a problem in which roaming profiles are not being copying in the server, just in the local server.

Is a terminal services environment.

I'm getting some nasty errors in my event log

===========
    Event ID 1085
    User NT AUTHORITY\System

Description :
    The Group Policy client-side extension Folder Redirection failed to execute. Please look for any errors reported earlier by that extension.

=======================
    Event ID 101
    User DOMAINNAME\Username

Description:
    Failed to perform redirection of folder Application Data. The new directories for the redirected folder could not be created. The folder is configured to be redirected to <\\mwtsb10\profiles\%USERNAME%\Application Data>, the final expanded path was <\\mwtsb10\profiles\USERNAME\Application Data>. The following error occurred:
    Access is denied.

====================
    Event ID 107
    User DOMAINNAME\Username

Description:
    Failed to perform redirection of folder My Documents. The folder is configured to be redirected from <C:\Documents and Settings\elizabeth jimenez\My Documents> to <>. The following error occurred:
    The specified path is invalid.

==============================

I don't know if activating the loopback option will help me here, but i will try it tomorrow.

This is a copy of my GPO
    http://download.yousendit.com/159685A917600CCA

Something wrong???

Thank you
    When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always long to return.

Leonardo da Vinci

Re: Roaming Profile Problems

The policy looks OK to me.

Two things:
    1. Do the users have permissions to create files and folders in the destination of the redirection? i.e. \\mwtsb10\profiles If not, have you prestaged the user folders and given each user full control over their respective folder?
    2. Have y9u checked your %homeshare% and %homepath% variables? It seems like it's trying to redirect My Documents to "<>" instead of "<\\mwtsb10\profiles\%username%\My Documents>"
    Regards,
    Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
    www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Originally posted by JeremyW View Post
      The policy looks OK to me.

Two things:
      1. Do the users have permissions to create files and folders in the destination of the redirection? i.e. \\mwtsb10\profiles If not, have you prestaged the user folders and given each user full control over their respective folder?
      2. Have y9u checked your %homeshare% and %homepath% variables? It seems like it's trying to redirect My Documents to "<>" instead of "<\\mwtsb10\profiles\%username%\My Documents>"

In the first answer the second option is what we are doing.

the second i don't know exactly where to check it and also one thing that you have to know is that in the case of the users home directories apart to set option computer configuration > Administrative Templates > Terminal Services
      TS User Home Directory I also set the home directory in the active directory objects in the terminal services tab, course as this i tried it the same with the profile in the terminal services tab and also in the profile tab (an even in both) and then i received an error when the users is login out that has no access to the remote profile but then again i check and a partners check the right permissions.

An Man then again really thank you for your very fast answer.
      When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always long to return.

Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

Hmm. It really seems like a permissions issue.
        Double check the permissions and you may have to assign ownership of each user's folder to the respective user.

That's all for tonight. I'm going to bed. Back on Monday.
        Regards,
        Jeremy

www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Well I will try to triple check the permissions, man have a good night.

Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

Hmm. It really seems like a permissions issue.
            Double check the permissions and you may have to assign ownership of each user's folder to the respective user.

That's all for tonight. I'm going to bed. Back on Monday.
            Definite you was right.
            Was a permission issue.

this document answer my prays
            http://support.microsoft.com/kb/274443

I found it via this site
            http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-251023.php

Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

But as always no all is perfect.

So the profiles are working in a better way that i though before (they're creating by the system) there are something that are no working.

For example if I install a printer, and then a I Log off the server my printer will be with me when I make log on again but then again if I Log on in a different server the printer will no travel with me.

what should i look

Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

The reason the printer doesn't move is because that's not part of the redirection.

Printer information is stored in the registry. If you want your network printers to "follow" you around then you'll need to use Roaming User Profiles, not Folder Redirection
                Regards,
                Jeremy

www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

The reason the printer doesn't move is because that's not part of the redirection.

Printer information is stored in the registry. If you want your network printers to "follow" you around then you'll need to use Roaming User Profiles, not Folder Redirection
                  But that's the problem Jeremy, that we also have Roaming Profiles.

Haha
                  I Believe that someone should have write a Document with Steps by Steps including the permissions and others thing, just for the newbies.
                  Last edited by Nehemoth; 14th May 2007, 17:16.

Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

Is it a Network (connecting to a shared printer) printer or a Local printer?
                    Network printers should follow you around. Local printers cannot.
                    Regards,
                    Jeremy

www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Is it a Network (connecting to a shared printer) printer or a Local printer?
                      Network printers should follow you around. Local printers cannot.

Yes is a Network Printer and should follow the users, but is not.

Are in a print server and of course the users have necessary privileges.

Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

Check the event log for errors.

EDIT - are you sure you have roaming profiles enabled? In this thread you said you disabled TS roaming profiles http://forums.petri.com/showthread.p...age=2&goto=#14
                        Last edited by JeremyW; 14th May 2007, 17:41.
                        Regards,
                        Jeremy

www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Check the event log for errors.

EDIT - are you sure you have roaming profiles enabled? In this thread you said you disabled TS roaming profiles http://forums.petri.com/showthread.p...age=2&goto=#14
                          Yes, but that was other policy, the one for the PC users, and anyway i enable it again.

This problem is with the Policy that control the user of Dump Terminals.
                          Last edited by Nehemoth; 14th May 2007, 18:02.

Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

OK time for some questions.

1. Are we talking about logging on to terminal servers, workstations and servers, or a mix of both?
                            2. What policy has the roaming profile setting enabled and where is it linked?
                            3. Are we talking about the Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Terminal Services\Set path for TS Roaming Profiles or configuring it directly on the user properties.
                            4. Are there any Userenv errors in the event log?
                            Regards,
                            Jeremy

www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Working...
                            X