Need to export GPO settings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to export GPO settings

I am looking for a quick and easy way to export all of my currently configured GPO settings, quick being the operative word here. I just recently took over management of the group policy responsibilities for a company. I want to streamline GPO to ease management and processing for users. So what I am looking for is a utility that will export all GPOs into any format that will allow me to then put it into a presentation and brief my boss on how to better run GP in the organization. I am aware of the ADMx parser file utility and that would work just fine for me IF it exported all settings and not just those related to admin templates. If there is such a way to do what I want and someone knows what it is I would be very appreciative.

Re: Need to export GPO settings

Curious how can you recommend Group Policy improvements in your organization when you aren't aware of the native tools that have been out for years. Sorry, I'm an A-hole tonight

Anyway, Group Policy Management Console is what you want.
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserv...c/default.mspx
    VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
    boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
    My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks Jason for stating the obvious both times. I am aware of the GPMC tool. Doesn't do exactly what I want.

Comment

Originally posted by bboyd View Post
        I am looking for a quick and easy way to export all of my currently configured GPO settings, quick being the operative word here. I just recently took over management of the group policy responsibilities for a company. I want to streamline GPO to ease management and processing for users. So what I am looking for is a utility that will export all GPOs into any format that will allow me to then put it into a presentation and brief my boss on how to better run GP in the organization. I am aware of the ADMx parser file utility and that would work just fine for me IF it exported all settings and not just those related to admin templates. If there is such a way to do what I want and someone knows what it is I would be very appreciative.
        GPMC will import and export GPOs. Moreover it also has a feature to build a conversion table for unknown SIDs which essentially enables one to import/export from completely isolated AD infrastructures (very nice feature if you have an isolated lab)

GPMC also has a decent HTML reporting tool with collapseable and expandable headings. It's pretty easy to read.

Given the above, I fail to understand why this tool does not meet your needs or at least come close to it.

At any rate, this was my best answer. The GPMC is a freebie. If you need something beyond this you will probabably need to go 3rd party and pay for it as well.

Jas
        VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
        boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
        My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

Yeah, I will just find a way to use the output from the GPMC to suite my needs. Thanks for your time on this one Jason.

Comment

Working...
          X