Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some keyname in .ADM File make the POLICY disapear from GPO editor

Hello folks!

I have a little trouble with a .ADM file that I created myself.
    The file is pretty simple, the idea is to enable the recovery of deleted itens in outlook (Exchange Dumpsters) for all folders (described here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/178630)

So I make a .adm file like this:

Code:
    CLASS MACHINE

CATEGORY "Microsoft Exchange Dumpster"
    KEYNAME !!ExchangeKey
    POLICY "Enable dumpster for all folders"
    	PART "Check to enforce setting on; uncheck to enforce setting off" CHECKBOX
    	VALUENAME DumpsterAlwaysOn
    	VALUEON NUMERIC 1
    	VALUEOFF NUMERIC 0
    	END PART
    	END POLICY
    END CATEGORY

[strings]
    ExchangeKey="Software\Microsoft\Policies\Exchange\Client\Options"
    But something weird happens. The GPO Editor don't show my Policy. So after try to trobleshoot it for a long time, I discover this...

Note that in second screenshot I change the keyname to some bullshit and things works fine. The original keyname don't work. I also try to omit the [strings] section and type it direct on the KEYNAME directive, but it behave the same way.

I try this from my workstation and from a DC too. With same results.

Perhaps I am making a very stupid thing, but I sure will apreciate your help.

P.S. The operating system is in Brazilian language, If think you all will understand the screenshot, but ask if need.

Re: Some keyname in .ADM File make the POLICY disapear from GPO editor

Hello, I again.

I supose that this weird behavior must be very hard to resolve, so have another way to set up this key in registry without this? Or rewrite the ADM file so it works? Nobody here uses the dumpster function of Exchange?

Thanks again

Comment

Working...
    X