Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a way to push out a Windows update via GPO?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a way to push out a Windows update via GPO?

I want to push out the Windows and Outlook Daylight savings time patches to my users via a GPO. I have not seen the patch come across my WSUS server yet so that's why I am thinking of packaging it up and installing it that way. I am not sure if this will work though. has anyone else ever done this or could you recommend another way to approach?

Re: Is there a way to push out a Windows update via GPO?

I found a free MSI file creation tool and so far in my tests it works flawlessly in getting the update exe file into an assignable MSI file. I have tried pushing the MSI out via GPO and it worked!! I hope this is an acceptable way to actually install this patch!!

Also I hope it works with the Office patch for Outlook as well!

Comment

It would be nice if you could post some more details about your solution. For instance, what MSI maker you're using.
      TIA.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
      -

Comment

Its in my WSUS...

Title: Update for Windows XP (KB931836)
        Description: Installing this update enables your computer to automatically adjust the computer clock on the correct date in 2007 due to revised Daylight Saving Time laws in many countries. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.
        Classification: Update Rollups
        Products: Windows XP
        Release date: Tuesday, February 13, 2007
        More information: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931836
        KB article number: 931836

Comment

Working...
        X