No announcement yet.

Internet Explorer and Downloads

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet Explorer and Downloads

Hi. I am new here and not sure if this would go here or in the terminal services forums, but I think it is going to be GPO releated.

We recently upgraded from windows 2000 terminal servers to Windows 2003 Server 64bit running terminal services in a 2003 domain. Under 2000, I had a group policy disabling file downloads in the Internet Zone.
    (User Configuration -->Windows Settings -->Internet Explorer Maintenance -->Security --> Security Zones and Content Ratings)
    But users could still click on links from websites that launched PDFs and Word Documents(.doc), without any problem. When I apply this policy to the 2003 servers the users can no longer launch pdfs and the like from their browser. (Receive the message "Your current security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded.")

Is there a new setting or something else anyone knows of, or something that I am not doing that would allow me to disable file downloads but allow documents to open? If there is any other information I need to supply, please let me know.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Re: Internet Explorer and Downloads

I think you should check User Settings -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Internet Explorer -> Internet Control Panel -> Security Page. See the Allow file downloads for every zone.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.