GPO problem in windows

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPO problem in windows

Can one one of you please HELP me in getting ride of this error message in Application event viewer....

Windows cannot access the file gpt.ini for GPO CN={EDC5D726-384F-4B32-9ED9-D4406239324E},CN=Policies,CN=System,DC=bank,DC=bnb ,DC=com,DC=bt. The file must be present at the location <\\bank.bnb.com.bt\SysVol\bank.bnb.com.bt\Policies \{EDC5D726-384F-4B32-9ED9-D4406239324E}\gpt.ini>. (The system cannot find the path specified. ). Group Policy processing aborted.

Thanks..

Re: GPO problem in windows

Have you tried to : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/842804 ??
    And how is this question related to Windows Server? Shouldn't it be in GPO forum?

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    -

Comment

Originally posted by sorinso View Post
      And how is this question related to Windows Server? Shouldn't it be in GPO forum?
      I had issues like this and it turned out to be a problem with DNS.

OP

Ensure your DNS is correct and working.

Comment

Moved to GPO forum

Michael
        Michael Armstrong
        www.m80arm.co.uk
        MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Hello to all admin on the same boat with me,
          p.s: i dont want to open a new topic, just tag along with nimen1

I have apply GPO, the batch script is fine (simple network mapping), i dont get any ERROR. I check the log on my DC, it's seem to be fine.

What should i check/ do? it drives me crazy...

thanks a lot,
          RC

Have a good day all.
          Last edited by P2nd; 10th February 2007, 23:34.
          You'll live and you'll learn - Good advice costs nothing but it feel good, you learn something.

Comment

P2nd, I think that if it's not the same error message like the original post, you should open a separate thread. If it is the same , why don't you say it?
            So, what is the problem? The GPO is not applied?
            Questions to be asked (if you want some proper answer):
            - what are you trying to do and what is the problem?
            - is the problematic GPO linked to the OU where the computer/user resides in?
            - are both branches of the GPO enabled (Computer Settings/User Settings)?
            - run gpresult from within the user account on the computer you have the problem with and post the results (decide by yourself if you want the specific info of your domain published; if not, erase it). If you want the output to be kept in a file, run gpresult > c:\gpresult.txt.
            Probably more questions will follow, after we'll know what's the problem.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
            -

Comment

sorinso,

Thanks for a quick reply.

Code:
              So, what is the problem? The GPO is not applied?
              A: Yes, it does applied

is the problematic GPO linked to the OU where the computer/user resides in? are both branches of the GPO enabled (Computer Settings/User Settings)?
              A: Yes, it is link between OU and computers/users. GPO status > ENABLED. ENFORCE > NO.

the problem is the script applied (just simple script - map network drive), but no network drive when i go to my computer.

script.bat : look like this:

NET use S: \\10.1.0.1\share

It's locate: \\abc.COM\sysvol\abc.com\Policies\{31B2F340-016D-11D2-945F-00C04FB984F9}\User\Scripts\Logon

I have attatch my gpresult.

thanks for you time,
              R.C
              Attached Files
              Last edited by P2nd; 11th February 2007, 18:46.
              You'll live and you'll learn - Good advice costs nothing but it feel good, you learn something.

Comment

You still don't say what is the problem.

Sorin Solomon

-

Comment

thanks for a quick reply!

I'm sorry, the problem is the script applied (just simple script - map network drive), When i check in "My Computer" there is not network drive was found.

script.bat is works and look like this:

NET use S: \\10.1.0.1\share

It's locate: \\abc.COM\sysvol\abc.com\Policies\{31B2F340-016D-11D2-945F-00C04FB984F9}\User\Scripts\Logon
                  Last edited by P2nd; 11th February 2007, 18:46.

Comment

Run the script like that, not through GPO, see it it maps anything.

If it doesn't work, edit and fix it.

If it works when you run it manually, check your GPOs, see if they are applied at all.
                    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
                    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
                    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Originally posted by P2nd
                      p.s: i dont want to open a new topic, just tag along with nimen1
                      I think you should open a separate thread, because it's not the same error message like the original post. Now you already have more replies than the original poster!
                      (try the extension .cmd instead of .bat for the file and then correct it in the users GPO too. And check the share permissions and the ntfs permissions of the folder on the server)

nimen1,
                      Do you have more than one Domain Controller on the network?
                      Can you give the complete error details from the eventviewer

And fixate the speed of the nic on the clients, and not using 1Ghz for a period of time. See if that makes a different.
                      (EDIT: What I meant ofcourse is not using 1Gbps on the client for a while)

\Rem
                      Last edited by Rems; 12th February 2007, 08:56.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

** Remember to give credit where credit's due **
                      and leave Reputation Points for meaningful posts

Comment

With the mileage this far, please do not start a new thread. If the moderator so chooses, he can do so.
                        Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Hello there,

yes, i try it manually, it works

did you look at my gpresuld.txt?

I ran a Group Policy Results (via Group Policy management) to a user machine i got Event: 10009 error, something to do with DCOM. I check a client PC, WMI > started. What is your suggestion?
                          i have been google for this solution... no luck, is there any good source for me that you know?

thanks.
                          RC

Comment

There's nothing I can see in the gpresult.txt, without knowing what is the GPO you try to run.
                            Regarding the 10009 error message, it says something like: DCOM was unable to communicate with the computer [IP Address] using any of the configured protocols. What is the IP that shows there? Is it of a rellevant computer?
                            So, please post:
                            - what is the name of the GPO (so I'll check if it shows in the file);
                            - a screenshot of the GPMC , to see how you linked the GPO. Warning: erase from there details that you do not want pucblic on the Internet.

With these details, I think we can go further in finding the proper sollution for you.

Sorin Solomon

-

Comment

I got it. I add a test user to "delegation" in Group Policy Object and it works fine, now. I dont know it is a good idea to do like that, but it works for now.

thanks for all your help guys,
                              Last edited by P2nd; 12th February 2007, 21:36.

Comment

Working...
                              X