Lost domain after some time out of the domain

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost domain after some time out of the domain

The time to lost the domain account out of the domain it's not the same everytime after we take a laptop out of the network.
    Is this a GPO ?
    What can we do to control this?

We want to work with the domain account out of the domain but after some time out we reboot the laptop and we cannot anymore login.

Thanks in Advanced and the best regards

CHEERS

Re: Lost domain after some time out of the domain

Originally posted by BurnUp View Post
    The time to lost the domain account out of the domain it's not the same everytime after we take a laptop out of the network.
    Burnup,

Is that the exact error? Perhaps a screen capture might help us to help you.

Comment

You mean useraccounts? Are u sure it has to do with the time periode the computer is offline?

Through ComputerPolicy Windows settings/Security settings/Local policies/Security options you can control the 'Number of previous logons' to cache. Could it be then that the user also logon as an other account on the computer during the offline period? In that case increasing that number could be a solution. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/913485

If that is not the case then please send the exact content of the logon message,
      and check the eventlog for more information about the logon failure.

\Rem

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

** Remember to give credit where credit's due **
      and leave Reputation Points for meaningful posts

Comment

Or... is he talking about the computer account becoming invalid after a certain duration of not connecting to the domain?

Tom
        For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

No, I take the laptop out of the network at the end of the day and in the same night working at home for some reason i have to restart the laptop and when I insert the username and password it gives me a message saying that the domain is not available or my username or password its wrong.
          Sometimes it's ok but other times does this, and the time to this happen it's not the same everytime i take the computer out of the domain, sometimes only does this after 1 or 2 days or more, and i work with the laptop everyday.
          It does not have nothing to do with the time the laptop it's offline.
          Mine password never expires, i got these option enebled and i can have access again to the account when i plug it in in the network again.

Comment

In that case I believe REMS has the answer. Also, a nice way to make sure is to log off at the end of the day, then log back on again, and then shut down. It makes sure that the account you're going to be using is DEFINITELY cached, just before you go home.

I believe it only caches ONLINE logons, too; so it's not still counting when you log on at home.

Tom
            For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Another setting to look at, in case a policy forces the workstation to consult a domain controller when unlocking,
              set the Computer Configuration, Windows Setting, Local Policy, Security Options control of "Interactive Logon: Require Domain Controller authentication to unlock workstation" to Disabled.

Find out when the cached logon is used for the last time

\Rem
              Last edited by Rems; 22nd January 2007, 14:46.

Comment

That option in the local policies it's enabled for default in this domain.
                Maybe the one that says "Interactive Logon: Numer of logons before cache (in case of the domain controler are busy)" but this one it's not local, it's a group policie and it's defined in the DC as 10 logons.
                But sometimes a logon its enough, even whit this option on.

Comment

Do you Log On with a UPN Name when you are offline?
                  (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/818610)

\Rem

Comment

You mena "User Principal Name"?
                    No, i don't logon with an UPN.
                    But i were speacking with a friend right now about this and i think we've ended in a conclusion.
                    We think the problem it's any outside connection (at home for example) that give's another ip to the laptop that not the one's given by the dhcp of the domain and after the ip beeing attributed we reboot the laptop and we came across this problem.

can this be possible ?
                    Is there any known bug about this ?

PS: i think this is getting a bit away of the context of this forum section

CHEERS

Comment

I don't know for sure.. but don't think changing ipaddress or changing the subnet has to do with it.

You mensioned a possible 'bug', this is what i found
                      Originally posted by [url]http://www.chicagotech.net/domainfaqs.htm#Cant logon to XP with cached credentials[/url]

Can't logon using domain cached credentials
                      Symptoms: When attempting to logon w2k/XP with domain logon option at workgroup network, you may receive "No Windows domain controller is available..." message and not be able to log on the workgroup network by using cached credentials.

Resolutions: To resolve this problem, obtain the latest service pack for W2K/XP.
                      Something else;
                      when I insert the username and password it gives me a message saying that the domain is not available or my username or password its wrong.
                      what is the exact error message(s)? No further information from the eventviewer??

\Rem
                      Last edited by Rems; 22nd January 2007, 21:08.

Comment

OK, I think your right.
                        I was reading the links you gave me and I decided to try to change the "Interactive Logon: Number of previous logons to cache (in case domain controller is not available)" Domain controler security to 50 (for default it was 10) and then i was trying to force the problem to happen but without any success, i've made success, now let me wait a few days to see if anyone tell's me if the problem came back again.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                        X