Clarification on Domain GPO and lower OU GPO's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clarification on Domain GPO and lower OU GPO's

We have a Default domain GPO which i do not want to apply to a certain set of computers, i have created a OU and put those computers in, i have created a GPO for the new OU and ticked the no overide option.

Will ticking this option prevent the Default Doamin GPO from applying to this OU? or do i need to tick the block policy override box

Thanks

Richard

Re: Clarification on Domain GPO and lower OU GPO's

Hi, Richie.
    Except Computer Configuration -> Windows Settings -> Security Settings -> Account Policies, anything in the Default Domain Policy can be blocked from applying to lower OUs.
    The only thing you should do is to go to Group Policy Management window, right click the OU you want protected and check the "Block Inheritance" option. This works if the higher GPO does not have the "Enforced" flag set.
    BTW, what AD are you working with?

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    -

Comment

sorin

Many thanks, it is the block inheritance i need, I think you must be using the GPMC module as i dont have a enforce flag, as for the version od AD its 5.2.3790.1830

hope this is what you wanted

Richard

Comment

sorin

Downloaded the GPMC pack and found the enforce was applied at the Default domain level, unticked it and ran a gpupdate /force on the selected computers and hey presto, success.

Many thanks

Richard

Comment

Well done !
          Wanted to tell you that you should get GPMC asap, is a tool you just cannot without it .

Glad you managed to solve the problem.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
          -

Comment

Working...
          X