Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook GPO Issues

Hi,

I am configuring a terminal server and a sbs 2003 server and was wondering the best way for using group policy for outlook autoarchive settings.

The main issue is that all users autoarchive settings by default get saved to the local c drive of the terminal server and this at present will not be backed up as all data is saved on the sbs.

Just wondering if any one has had any success with this. I have found out about the group policy add in's for office but various posts suggest that they do/don't work and if users add additional folders in outlook then the archive settings are not updated to the gp settings.

Anyone out there had any success with this or know of any reliable documentation.

Thanks In advance

Re: Outlook GPO Issues

I posted a couple of days ago about using the Outlook 2003 template and Group Policy to make Outlook *always* send a read receipt. It worked, but more importantly, the 'Tracking Options' page was greyed out.

My guess is if you use the Outlook template for the archive settings and set that through Group Policy, the configuration will not be changeable by the user.

Here was my old post http://forums.petri.com/showthread.php?t=12132
    Network Engineers do IT under the desk

Comment

Hi,

I have been trying to solve this problem for around 6 months now with no luck. I have set the Autoarchive path to something obscure then searched registry and found nothing on it. I have loaded the lasted GP templates for outlook and it gives you all the AutoArchive options except for the path. As far as I know there is no way to auto set it. I can conclude it is not stored in the registry, cannot be configured by GP and is not contained within the users profile as even with roaming profiles enabled if i move machine my autoarchive path resets.....

Mystery, Ill let you know if i find anything else.......

Dave

Comment

Use Outlk11.adm from the office resource kit!

Or else change in the HKCU registry the DWORD value of DoAging to: '0'
        http://www.sanx.org/tipShow.asp?index=258

(for older versions of Outlook, change the 11 number)

\Rem

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

** Remember to give credit where credit's due **
        and leave Reputation Points for meaningful posts

Comment

Just one small point. Searching the registry to see your GP changes applied doesn't work. The Registry Editor shows you the registry contents "pre-policy" - policy is overlaid on what you see in registry editor via some sort of Microsoft Witchcraft.

To see if your policy has worked, run the affected application (in this case Outlook) as a user to whom the GPO applies, and test the function you have restricted.

Tom
          For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

To change the path and name of the archive file, this is what I once found-out:
            [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles\<profielname>\0a0d020000000000c000000000000046]
            *Change (if exists):
            *---> "001e033a"="<path>\\archive.pst"
            *---> "001e0324"="<path>\\archive.pst"
            BUT someone adviced me that it is better to deploy a prf-file instead, to avoid corrupting the outlook-profile. And Microsoft recommend NOT to store a pst-file on a networkshare.

\Rem

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

** Remember to give credit where credit's due **
            and leave Reputation Points for meaningful posts

Comment

Working...
            X