Folder Re-direction

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Folder Re-direction

I implemented folder re-direction GPO. I'm trying to turn it off but the folder synchronisation is still happening on the local machines. How do i stop this.

Re: Folder Re-direction

In Group Policy
    Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Network\Offline Files\At logoff, delete local copy of user's offline files

Or you can go around to each computer and clear the Offline Files' cache.
    Regards,
    Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
    www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

i have tried the following article but it does not represent the solution for my problem. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888203

I've also tried removing the offline cache stuff

Comment

Here, you should be able to use a script to do two of these:
        There is three ways to do clear the offline files cache, manually or by script or via the registry.

1. Create a DWORD registry and reboot the machine. While rebooting, if the registry exists, shell will re-initialize the cache and then delete the registry key. The name of the registry is:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Net CacheDWORD Name : FormatDatabase

The value of the registry is ignore.

2. You may also delete the %windir%\CSC folder manually or with a Shutdown script.

3. Or you may press Shift and Ctrl when you click “Delete Files…” in the dialog box "Offline Files in Folder Options" to re-initialize the cache.

Warning!

All cache files will be deleted; unsynchronized data will be lost.
        From http://blogs.msdn.com/jonathanh/arch...01/541602.aspx
        Regards,
        Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
        Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
        www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Working...
        X