my window 2000 server GPO is not available

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my window 2000 server GPO is not available

error message is the domain controller for group policy operations is not available. you may cancel this operation for this session or retry using one of the following domain controller choices:
    • the one with operation master token for the PDC emulator
    • the one used by the active directory snap - ins
    • use any available domain controller

any choice above i choosed got an error message, failed to find a domain controller, there may be a policy that prevents you from selecting another domain controller.

details: no more connections can be made to this remote computer at this time because there are already as many connections as the computer can accept.

i have enabled netbeui protocol and file and printer sharing for microsoft network.

still the gpo is missing but sometimes its available too and then its gone again. anybody share the same experience? help? how to solve this problem....

Re: my window 2000 server GPO is not available

More info please I can see you have checked MS KB 257435.

How are you connecting TS or admin tools via MCC
    Do you only have the one DC or are there others?
    2000 or 2003?
    Any events on the Server or the machine your connecting from?

Can you see GPO's when accessing directly on the server itself or is that intermittant also?

Has anything changed on your DNS recently?
    The Univurse is still winning!

W2K AD, WSUS, RIS 2003. ISA also AVG Server
    ** If contributors help you, recognise them and give reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I have 2 window 2000 server std domain controller
      i access the gpo via xp client, with gpmc and admin tool 2003 sp1
      sometimes using rdp 6.0 to edit direct at the server

dns server event:

Event Type: Warning
      Event Source: DNS
      Event Category: None
      Event ID: 5504
      Date: 15-Dec-06
      Time: 01:28:13 AM
      User: N/A
      Computer: xxxxxx
      Description:
      The DNS server encountered an invalid domain name in a packet from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx. The packet is rejected.

Event Type: Error
      Event ID: 4004
      Time: 09:23:39 PM
      Description:
      The DNS server was unable to complete directory service enumeration of zone .. This DNS server is configured to use information obtained from Active Directory for this zone and is unable to load the zone without it. Check that the Active Directory is functioning properly and repeat enumeration of the zone. The event data contains the error.
      Data:
      0000: 2a 23 00 00 *#..

The DNS server was unable to complete directory service enumeration of zone xxx.xxx.xxx.in-addr.arpa. This DNS server is configured to use information obtained from Active Directory for this zone and is unable to load the zone without it. Check that the Active Directory is functioning properly and repeat enumeration of the zone. The event data contains the error.

else the error is the same as above repeating

Comment

I have 2 window 2000 server std domain controller
        i access the gpo via xp client, with gpmc and admin tool 2003 sp1
        sometimes using rdp 6.0 to edit direct at the server

dns server event:

Event Type: Warning
        Event ID: 5504
        Time: 01:28:13 AM
        Description:
        The DNS server encountered an invalid domain name in a packet from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx. The packet is rejected.

Event Type: Error
        Event ID: 4004
        Time: 09:23:39 PM
        Description:
        The DNS server was unable to complete directory service enumeration of zone .. This DNS server is configured to use information obtained from Active Directory for this zone and is unable to load the zone without it. Check that the Active Directory is functioning properly and repeat enumeration of the zone. The event data contains the error.
        Data:
        0000: 2a 23 00 00 *#..

The DNS server was unable to complete directory service enumeration of zone xxx.xxx.xxx.in-addr.arpa. This DNS server is configured to use information obtained from Active Directory for this zone and is unable to load the zone without it. Check that the Active Directory is functioning properly and repeat enumeration of the zone. The event data contains the error.

else the error is the same as above repeating

Can you see GPO's when accessing directly on the server itself or is that intermittant also? --->i don't know

another funny thing also happen today, the gpo configuration menu is somehow different from my client and the server as the picture attached.
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X