X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPO Hierarchy problem

Hello.
    I have a domain (test.com).
    In the domain I have an OU(testOU) and inside the OU I have a user(testuser).
    When I change something in the GPO of the OU(testOU) nothing happens. When I change the GPO of the doman(Test.com) everything is OK. I simple try to disable the control panel from the user.
    I have the users GPO linked.
    The GPO of the domain doesn't have the restriction and I place the restriction in the GPO of the OU. I believe that there is something wrong with the hierarchy.
    I want to make OUs that have different GPOs and different restrictions.
    Any suggestion?
    Thanks

Re: GPO Hierarchy problem

Users cannot have GPOs!

Are you sure the GPO is actually linked to the relevant OU (can you post a screen shot of Group Policy Management)?

Tom
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Sorry Ossian...
      The GPO is linked with the OU (testOU)....
      This OU have the user....

Comment

Please post a screen shot of your hierarchy and point out in which OU the user is in and what OU you linked the GPO to.
        Regards,
        Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
        Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
        www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Make any other setting in user configuration or computer configuration of same GPO or any other GPO, and check that GPO is not blocked by any other GPO, hope so you have entered "gpupdate /force" command after making changes to GPO.
          If you post screenshot it would be better to resolve.

Comment

Working...
          X