GPO's not being applied

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPO's not being applied

(DC) 2003 server (inc SP1) + XP clients (SP2)

Currently have about 6 GPO's which are and have been applying fine.

Just discovered that new GPO are not being applied to the XP clients.

My GPO called "Test gpo" is not showing up on the xp machines when I do a gpresult.

When using GPMC modelling wizard it shows that the gpo shpould be applied to the User/computer

GPMC reults wizard shows that the GPO will not be applied.

Now none of my OU's have blocked inheritance, I have no eventlog warnings on server or client pc's.

The gpo will be for MyDocs folder redirection - I already have a 1 configured for Staff and It works, its just now we need 1 for pupils and its not working.

Have created a few other gpo to test , i.e. disable RUN, remove netowrk places from desktop etc and these are not applied either.

Been struggling with this for a few days now and can no longer see "the wood for the trees" as it were.

So any help is appreciated.

**Sorry posted in wrong section - please move to correct section**
    Last edited by welshnut; 9th November 2006, 17:42.

Re: GPO's not being applied

Have you accounted for replication (if necessary) and GPO update intervals? Is the link enabled?
    Can you post a little more on your Group Policy structure? e.g. OU hierarchy, GPOs linked to the various, order of GPO if OU has multiple GPOs linked, etc.
    Regards,
    Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
    www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Ok a brief rundown

there are only to Servers on the network, replication seems fine, no errors etc.

OU is linked ok.

Wherever I place the gpo it is not being implimented.

I have created a test OU a test user and a test GPO

As i said before Group policy wizard says it should be implimented without any problem but the GPMC reults wizard says its not.

Looked on target machines (after gpupdate /force) - ran gpresult and rsop.mmc and there is no mention of the "test gpo" either being applied or not. Its as if the gpo doesnt exist.

IF you need more info let me know - any help appreciated.

Comment

Have you changed the test user's group membership from the defaults? In other words, does the user have permission to apply the policy? If you get no errors in the event log and you've ran gpupdate then it's probably a misconfiguration issue. (I know you're probably thinking "duh" )
        You said that you have not blocked inheritance. Do you have folder redirection configured higher up with the no override setting enabled?
        Regards,
        Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
        Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
        www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Just an update

Users with Admin rights have got folder redirection working (new gpo's)

Std users/pupils = folder redirection doesnt apply.

Permissions somethere ?

Si

Comment

Working...
          X