This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to create different roothint on RODC

i have a a domain with many sub-sites, and i need one RODC to have different roothints than the domain controller. how to change/delete the roothint on an rodc , and make sure this change will not happen across all the domain, yet it will be permamnent on that particular rodc.

thanx

this is quite important at this roothint ceates an intenet filter service through DNS
    Last edited by jenesis; 22nd March 2015, 14:50.

Re: how to create different roothint on RODC

You can't change root hints IIRC. You can stop using them and use a specific forwarder.

Comment

Installing the role via server Manager will be sufficient and it will automatically pick up the zones from AD. You may need to configure forwarders or root hints as appropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by fortworthtechs View Post
        Installing the role via server Manager will be sufficient and it will automatically pick up the zones from AD. You may need to configure forwarders or root hints as appropriate.
        Did you actually read the original post (including the date) or did you just post something random, just vaguely relevant to the actual topic (now 7 months old)?
        Looking back over your other posts strongly suggests the latter and sets my spam-senses tingling.....
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X