multiple IP schemes and a single domain controller

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• multiple IP schemes and a single domain controller

We run a basic network with two domain controllers and two on-premises exchange servers. Our network scheme is 10.1.1.X and I have a small group of machines in the same building currently on their own domain. These machines have a network scheme of 10.2.16.X and for reasons that I am still trying to figure out need to keep this scheme. Is it possible for me to join these machines to our 10.1.1.X domain and keep that 10.2.16.X scheme on those machines? Thanks!

Re: multiple IP schemes and a single domain controller

Why not? AD isn't dependent on your ip address numbering scheme. You only need to provide layer 3 connectivity between the two subnets. You'll then be able to join those machines to domain.

Comment

Re: multiple IP schemes and a single domain controller

I have found, when joining a DC on a different subnet, that you may need to use the FQDN rather than the NetBIOS name
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
      X