Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DNS settings change for a new ISP

Hello People,

I intend to change my Internet Service Provider .The new Provider offcourse provides a different set of DNS settings.

Am wondering whether i will need to change anything or make new settings in my DNS server running under the domain environment in place.

Pls advise... on whether there is anything i should change.

Re: DNS settings change for a new ISP

Assuming clients are using DNS from the Domain Controllers (or other servers with the DNS role), all you need to do is change the forwarders on each DNS server. You could also look at using public DNS servers instead of the ISPs ones
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I would definitely check out some of the public DNS. They often are much faster than the ISP provided DNS servers.

Here's a utility that will allow you to measure the fastest DNS server for you. You can add you're ISP's DNS server to the list and then choose the best as your forwarders:
      https://www.grc.com/dns/benchmark.htm
      Regards,
      Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
      Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
      www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

thanks you all
        Last edited by pope; 2nd October 2014, 14:50. Reason: got

Comment

Working...