Reverse DNS creation for the Internet Hosts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverse DNS creation for the Internet Hosts

How can I create a reverse DNS record for my MX gateway if the DNS service is hosted with the ISP? My current DNS console admin has a few option to create host and MX records etc. Has anyone faced similar issues?

These days many financial companys do not accept emails if the sending server has no reverse DNS record.

Re: Reverse DNS creation for the Internet Hosts

You will have to get your ISP to do it - even if their control panel does not give the option, their support team should have the capability. The question is "will they do it"?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Won't this already be set up?

As Ossian says, though, if you are unable to create a PTR record and one does not exist, then the ISP's tech support will do this.

We have several domains via a couple of registrars. One of them offers full DNS management, the other does not. A support ticket requesting the creation of a PTR record was acted upon very quickly.
      A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Thanks, I will get it done by the ISP.

Comment

Working...
        X