X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Config 2 DNS with 2 AD : all DC in the same subnet

Hi all,

I built the following :
    - Setup of an AD : AD1 with 2 DC (dc1 et dc2) : adresses 10.0.0.1 et 10.0.0.2 ; Domain name : AD1.net
    - Setup of an AD : AD 2 with 2 DC (dca et dcb) : adresses 10.0.0.3. et 10.0.0.4; Domain name AD2.net
    Both DC of AD1 have DNS role and autority on subnet 10.0.0.0/24
    Both DC of AD2 ahve DNS role and autority on subnet 11.0.0.0/24

Then,
    - the DC of AD1 are dc1.ad1.net & dc2.ad1.net
    - the DC of AD2 are dca.ad1.net & dcb.ad1.net, but their domain is ad2.net.

I think it will prevent clients to connect to the AD.
    and Clients of AD2 in the subnet 10.0.0.0 will be with the suffix AD1.net according to DNS names. but their domain is AD2.net.

How can I setup the DNS in order that client from Domain AD2 can find their DC ? Do I need to create an alias in the DNS of AD2 for each DC and client ?
    Is it mandatory to install the DC of AD2 in 11.0.0.0 ?

Thank you
    ML

Re: Config 2 DNS with 2 AD : all DC in the same subnet

DNS servers don't have authority over subnets, they have authority over DNS zones. There's no reason you can't have two different AD domains and two different sets of domain clients on the same subnet.

DC1 and DC2 are authoritative for AD1 and it's relevant DNS zones. Clients should be configured to use DC1 and DC2 for DNS resolution.

DCA and DCB are authoritative for AD2 and it's relevant DNS zones. Clients should be configured to use DCA and DCB for DNS resolution.

If the DC/DNS servers and the clients are properly configured there won't be any "interference" from one AD to the other.

Comment

Re: Config 2 DNS with 2 AD : all DC in the same subnet

also.. reconsider your use of the 11.0.0.0 subnet.. this isn't a reserved range..
      Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
      X