Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 R2 Conditional Forwarding Error

Hello,

I am trying to configure conditional forwarding in MS 2008 R2. I have here at my work another departmentís domain that I would like to forward requests to. There is no trust between the two domains. When I attempt to setup the conditional forwarding via the DNS snap I get the error message of:

<Unable to resolve> The server with this IP address is not authoritive for the required zone.

I can ping the IP address of the DNS server I would like to forward it to. 2008 R2 does some checking now where 2003 does not?

Does anybody have any insight on why I would get this error and possibly a resolution to it?

Thank you

Re: 2008 R2 Conditional Forwarding Error

confirm with the manager of the other domain, which server should be authoritative.
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Re: 2008 R2 Conditional Forwarding Error

tehcamel,
      I did get the authoritative server and when I used that it went green. Do you know 2008 checks differently then 2003? I know with 2003 it does not have any checking when you enter in the ip address used for forwarding.

Thank you for the help.

Originally posted by tehcamel View Post
      confirm with the manager of the other domain, which server should be authoritative.

Comment

Working...
      X