Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Join/Disjoin Issue

Hi,

I'm a new here and I need some assistance regarding to my concern I dont know if this is the right section to post. We have a problem regarding in join/disjoin workstation using remoting and script... here's the scenario..

We have hundreds of workstation to be join or move in a new domain.. example is WS.olddomain -> will join as WS.newdomain then, we create an script for automatic join to new domain through remoting.. but, our problem is if the WS is already in old domain and we need to change to new domain using our script it will failed... we need to workgroup first the WS and join to new domain.. but, if the WS already to a workgroup then we run the script automatic through remoting it will successfully join in new domain..

Is there other script vbs or batch file than can help us to join the WS from old domain direct to new join or do we need to disjoin first and join to workgroup then join to new domain.. We just want to our work become easier so that we can complete the hundreds of WS through remoting.... I hope there's someone can assist us.. Thanks..

Regards,

Re: Join/Disjoin Issue

I can't remember if there is any good reason, but I always go via a workgroup, rather than from domain to domain -- I suggest you run your script in two stages -- domain to WG, then WG to domain
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

our procedure for this is we need first to disjoin the WS so that it will be connected as workgroup... then after restart we will join it to its new domain.. but we are searching a tool or script if there's a way to change or move domain to domain so that our work will become easier because.. we have several location to do this and need an onsite.. If there's existing script that can join or move domain to domain our work will faster rather than doing the step by step procedure... Thanks for your response..

Regards,

Comment

You can script it using netdom. You could also use ADMT, to move the computer to the other domain.
        [Powershell]
        Start-DayDream
        Set-Location Malibu Beach
        Get-Drink
        Lay-Back
        Start-Sleep
        Wake-Up!
        Resume-Service
        Write-Warning
        [/Powershell]

BLOG: Therealshrimp.blogspot.com

Comment

I already tried the netdom and its only working in workgroup but if the WS is in old domain and I use the netdom it will change the old domain to new domain but there's an error msg "trust relatiionship......." is missing in primary domain.. so we will disjoin again the WS and join to new domain using step by step...

Regards,

Comment

Working...
          X