Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DNS Issues?

Hi guys,

I have some strange things occurring here on my network and I think it's related to DNS, but I'm not 100% sure if it is but that's why this topic is in this forum. I know there are those here who will know what is going on right away when I describe what is happening so here it goes.

From what I thought were old stale computer accounts within Active Directory, I now discovered that a high majority of these machine accounts are responding to PING requests.

I've also discovered that there are multiple accounts with different names responding with the same IP address.

What in the world is going on within my network? Can someone please direct me in the right direction to go please?

Re: DNS Issues?

Have you tried scavanging the DNS records?
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Originally posted by L4ndy View Post
      Have you tried scavanging the DNS records?
      No I have not, but will to see if that helps thanks.

Comment

What can sometimes happen is that the A records are fine - one record per machine. However, if not cleaned up properly, you can have several PTR's that point to the same IP.

Open DNS and look at the Reverse Lookup Zone > x.xxx.xxx.in.addr.arpa and sort the records by name to see if there are duplicate entries and look at the data field for entries that contain the names of the stale computers. You can delete those that are redundant.
        A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Working...
        X