.cm.vtr.net

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .cm.vtr.net

Hi, I don't know if its a spam or something like that but all my pc's in my active directory domain gives a name ending with .cm.vtr.net
    For example I have a pc with the name TRF04-ACUO and when I tracert the IP address it gives me a name pc-37-1-100-190.cm.vtr.net
    I have installed Solarwinds Orion for monitoring and all my pc's have the name structure like pc-.....cm.vtr.net
    what can I do to fix this?

Re: .cm.vtr.net

What are you using for internal DNS resolution?

Comment

And what is the DNS domain you're using for Active Directory?

Assuming a PC's name is "PC01" and the AD DNS domain is "domain.local", does the PC appear as "PC01.domain.local.cm.vtr.net" or does it appear as "PC01.cm.vtr.net"?
      Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Originally posted by gforceindustries View Post
        And what is the DNS domain you're using for Active Directory?

Assuming a PC's name is "PC01" and the AD DNS domain is "domain.local", does the PC appear as "PC01.domain.local.cm.vtr.net" or does it appear as "PC01.cm.vtr.net"?
        Example, a pc with name "ACU-DIV01" and IP address 190.100.1.229, the pc appears as pc-229-1-100-190.cm.vtr.net

Comment

Please can you answer the other two questions as well - what are you using internally for DNS resolution and what is your AD domain name?
          Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Originally posted by gforceindustries View Post
            Please can you answer the other two questions as well - what are you using internally for DNS resolution and what is your AD domain name?
            I use Windows Server 2003 DNS structure and my domain name is acu.com

Comment

Working...
            X