Exchnage Server DNS issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchnage Server DNS issues

451 4.4.0 primary target IP address responded with "421 4.4.1 connection timed out" attempted failover to alternate host, but that did not succeed. Either there are no alternate hosts, or delivery failed to all alternate hosts.

I solved this issue by adding many external DNS ip's to the Hub transport what is the wrong with my DNS ?

"My car won't start - what is wrong with my car?"

Please give us some more information about your DNS configuration AND your Exchange configuration so we might possibly be able to help
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I was using Domain Server DNS for all server's ..
      Now i faced problem with sending emails so i added World DNS IP's Manually to the Hub Transport External DNS and changed from Ethernet DNS IP to hub transport External DNS

Comment

So adding the additional DNS servers resolved the issue completely? How is your domain DNS set up to obtain external IPs - root records or forwarders?
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

So adding the additional DNS servers resolved the issue completely?

Yes

How is your domain DNS set up to obtain external IPs - root records or forworders

Yes , Root records
          and Forwarders to google DNS

Last edited by Hani Alhabshi; 14th May 2017, 13:21.

Comment

It then sounds as if google DNS is at fault - have you tried adding the World DNS servers in your domain DNS and re-trying local DNS lookups in Exchange?
            Tom Jones
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

Comment

what if I tried ? it mean domain DNS not working ?

Comment

Working...
              X