Rodc...Read only controller shutsdown and restarts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rodc...Read only controller shutsdown and restarts

Hi guys, thanks for taking your time to reply.I do appreciate ur answer on this.
    I have a VMware machine Windows server 2012 configure as a RODC that shutsdown and restarts by itself with event ID 6005,6006,6008.please does anyone know what might be causing this issue .....Thanks a lot

6008 refers to a dirty shutdown, but does not in itself indicate the cause. Looks at events immediately before the reboot

Anything on the host that might be causing the shutdown?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hey u calling our server dirty... Haha.....please what's a dirty shutdown ....by the way that server is the RODC

Comment

A dirty shutdown it when the OS does not shut itself down - pulling the power cable etc. Since it is virtual, is the host forcing a shutdown of the VM

Yes, I understand it is the RODC which is in this state - you will need to check its event logs for anything causing the crash, and if nothing, the logs on the VMware host it is running on
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks Ossian, I believe u are correct cus I just seen on the event vmdk files that the crash could be related to the VMware host causing the crash....Unfortunately we have been using a free version of VMware 5.5 Esxi for a long time which can not be updated and that may be the reason for the crash because the log is request for an update of the Vm and VMware tools...Thanks buddy for working overtime...I really appreciate

Comment

Hey Ossian, please do you know how I can verify that a RODC is working with a DC....Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X