MX record setting problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MX record setting problem

Four days ago i added MX record for my domain 'ronetto.in' now my DNS setting panel look like this "neuralinfo.org/dsn_setting.JPG" but still on mx lookup tools it shows previous mail server and i m not receiving any mail on new inbox, can anyone help me where i m wrong?

Re: MX record setting problem

what should your MX record be? The google record, or mail.ronetto.in ?

C:\Users\andrew>nslookup
    Default Server: UnKnown
    Address: 192.168.0.1

> set q=mx
    > ronetto.in
    Server: UnKnown

Non-authoritative answer:
    ronetto.in MX preference = 10, mail exchanger = mail.ronetto.in
    >> mail.ronetto.in
    Server: UnKnown

ronetto.in
    primary name server = ns1.hostindia.net
    responsible mail addr = support.hostindia.net
    serial = 1001
    refresh = 28800 (8 hours)
    retry = 7200 (2 hours)
    expire = 604800 (7 days)
    default TTL = 86400 (1 day)
    >
    if it should be mail.ronetto.in then you need an actual host name registered for this also. it needs to be an A-name, and not a C-name.
    based on the rest of the info, it should have refreshed by now, with a refresh of 8 hours.
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

The MX Record needs to be entered in the DNS of your ISP and not your internal DNS Server unless you have a Public DNS Server in your internal network.

You also need to Port Forward port 25 on the Router to the Mail Server.
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Make sure the MX record you have added is also the highest priority, so the lowest number. Have you added a host record as well as an MX record. The MX record will use a name that points to the host record. The host record is the IP address that mail servers then use to send your domain emails. You should also create an SPF record, which contains that IP address and ensure that the person who allocated you the IP address has reverse DNS for that IP address that converts the IP to the name on your MX record.

Comment

Working...
        X