Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AD DNS Error

Hi all..
    i have windows server 2008 x86 for my network.i have created the AD but when the configuration of DNS server is done,in the "Event Manager" i have an error which is specified by EVENT ID =4007 ... i tried everything i could..but i cant get rid of it

please share your solutions
    The law of 7 P's

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Re: AD DNS Error

What exactly have you tried so people don't suggest solutions you have already.
    Do a Dcdiag to check if your AD is functioning properly, any other events logged?
    See this for more if not already done so: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...03(WS.10).aspx
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Hi,

Please put the complete error with description. Mean while you can give this a try
      netdiag /fix.
      Thanks & Regards
      v-2nas

MCTS 2008, MCTIP, MCSE 2003, MCSA+Messaging E2K3, MCP, E2K7
      Sr. Wintel Eng. (Investment Bank)
      Independent IT Consultant and Architect
      Blog: http://www.exchadtech.blogspot.com

Show your appreciation for my help by giving reputation points

Comment

This is the portion copied from EVENT PROPERTIES...

The DNS server was unable to open zone _msdcs.sina.local.lab in the Active Directory from the application directory partition DomainDnsZones.sina.test. This DNS server is configured to obtain and use information from the directory for this zone and is unable to load the zone without it. Check that the Active Directory is functioning properly and reload the zone. The event data is the error code.

The Event ID is 4007
        and it happens whenever i restart the server,and it s a virtual server

will it make any problems??
        once i read somewhere that if this error occurs only at start up it is of no importance
        The law of 7 P's

Comment

AFAIK, if it only happens at startup it's not a problem, as you've stated. Do subsequent events confirm that it does load the zone? Can you see the zone in DNS? Can you query the zone using nslookup?

Comment

Forward Lookup Zone shoes the zone,yeah
            but using nslookup i get "DNS request timed out" msg and "default server : unknown"

when i use dcdiag also all the tests are passed....
            The law of 7 P's

Comment

Do you get that message when you start nslookup? If so, that's OK. It means that you don't have a reverse lookup zone set up for your subnet (which isn't required). When you run nslookup, it uses the DNS server ip address configured in the properties of the NIC and tries to resolve the name for that ip address. If you don't have a PTR zone lookup, it can't find the name and gives that message. Did you query for the zone name with nslookup? Did that work?

Comment

nslookup is fine by using domain names

but what can be the cause that i recieve that error when the server boots up??

i know its fine,but i wanna know the story behind it..plz dont mind
                The law of 7 P's

Comment

Working...
                X