• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DHCP on DC with no credentials

HI guys

I am installing a fresh server 2008 std with AD, DNS,DHCP
    I have found the following error in the event log

THe DHCP service has detected that it is running on a DC and has no credentials configured for use with Dynamic DNS registrations initiated by the DHCP service....
    Event ID 1056

I have done some reading and technet microsoft recommended me putting in a domain priviledge username (i assume administrator) and the domain name and password of administrator

Another guy added that the DHCP on AD server automatically runs as a network service, so dont know if necessary to worry then.

So should i, or shouldnt i add credentials for the IPv4 in DHCP and if so, can i add the administrator account?

thanks
    H

Re: DHCP on DC with no credentials

tbh I tend to ignore that warning or sometimes set the credentials as per http://support.microsoft.com/kb/282001?wa=wsignin1.0. Note it does not have to be a domain admin
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: DHCP on DC with no credentials

Ossian, once again you have come to my rescue
      Thanks a million

I can then safely ignore that event error and wont be putting in any credentials.

Best regards
      H

Comment

Working...
      X