Static IP on Win Server 2003 DHCP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Static IP on Win Server 2003 DHCP

How can I find out what static IP's I have available? Using DHCP in Windows server 2003 but need to manually assign a static IP to a PC.

Thanks,

Re: Static IP on Win Server 2003 DHCP

So basically check if an IP is in use...
    I normally go to DNS and sort by IP, then find a candidate free IP not in the DHCP scope.
    Ping first then use (although this doesn't help if a device doesn't respond to a ping)

Obviously your static IPs should be documented carefully to make life easier
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks, found one!

I've got a DNS issue on this PC where I can't re-add the computer to the domain, its pointing at same DNS servers as others which are working fine.

When I ping DC IP and DNS server IP it doesn't return the server name :-S

Any idea's of how to clear local DNS cache? Or whatever it is. Might need to repost in DNS category.

Comment

Flushed DNS, didn't work.

Any idea's?

This all started when the PC wouldn't log on to the domain with a netlogon error msg.

Comment

Could you please post this as a separate thread in either the AD or client OS forum
          Give screenshots if you can

Have you checked the overall health of AD?
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thank you for your help, I will re post.

Comment

Working...
            X