Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I change the IP in DHCP

Hi,

I would like to change a IP which i received dynamically from DHCP.
    I would like to change to a specific IP inside the A-record I received from the DHCP.

Is it possible ?

Thanks

Re: Where can I change the IP in DHCP

I think you mean "create a reservation" to allow a specific MAC address to always get the same IP from DHCP
    Is this correct?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi,

No. I mean really to change the IP.

Comment

You question makes no sense.

I would like to change a IP which i received dynamically from DHCP.

Really the only way to change it is to do delete the current issued address from the DHCP server then hope that someone else gets that IP address when they try.

I would like to change to a specific IP inside the A-record I received from the DHCP.

You don't get 'A' records from DHCP. When you receive an IP address an 'A' record is created in DNS with the relevant IP address that you received from the server.

Comment

Ossian's answer is what you need.

You create a reservation by assigning the specific IP address you want from the DHCP scope to the MAC address of your network card.

Type

nbtstat -a computername

to get your MAC address. Use the reservations feature in the DHCP console to assign the IP address to your network card's MAC address.
          A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Working...
          X