Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dhcp - vpn

Hi everyone,

My clients experience trouble when connecting to the VPN. They do not get DHCP enabled and default gateway so they cannot become a part of a network. It is strange for me, as this is the first time I have ever seen this type of issue. Do you know what is wrong? The server does not handle DHCP but rather a D-link router.
    Our local network starts from 192.168.0.2 - 192.168.0.254, so I was wondering if client PC is connected to another network and is getting the same IP address twice, but client has local IP of 192.168.2.4, and our DHCP should assign 192.168.0.54.

This is ipconfig/all. As you can see he is getting IP in range of our DHCP (none else have .10, but we have mac address reservation), and also subnet is 255.255.255.255 instead of 255.255.255.0

Code:
    Description . . . . . . . . . . . : VPN connection
    Physical Address. . . . . . . . . :
    DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
    Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
    IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.10(Preferred)
    Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.255
    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :
    NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Re: Dhcp - vpn

Hi!

What is the Router model?

When you connect to the VPN, how is it setup? PPTP? PPTP connecting to the router or to a server?

Did the person tried to disconnect and reconnect? I sometimes have an issue that DNS didn't work over VPN.

if client PC is connected to another network and is getting the same IP address twice,
    Normally, I think this shouldn't work, when the 2 client have the same IP range..
    Last edited by ChristTheGreat; 9th May 2012, 19:40.

Comment

Re: Dhcp - vpn

Thanks for your share!

Comment

Working...
      X