Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moved DHCP Server from 2008 - 2008R2 now no IP in GHOST

Hello,

I recently moved our DHCP server from 2008 to 2008 R2. Windows (XP) clients still get IP addresses from DHCP but not when booting into DOS using a GHOST boot disk. Any ideas where to start troubleshooting this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Moved DHCP Server from 2008 - 2008R2 now no IP in GHOST

If a PC boots normally to the network and gets an address if plugged into the same network port that the Ghost-boot device fails from, I'll bet it's the Ghost boot disc.

Haven't used Ghost is a while, but network booting was fairly problematical in the day. Try setting your Ghost boot disc to a fixed IP and see if that talks on the network.

Unless you're using device class settings, DHCP doesn't care what the request source is, as long as it gets the request. When you changed your server, did you change subnets/vlans/routing? Maybe the subnet you're booting the Ghost client from doesn't have a DHCP relay in place? (ip helper address in Cisco-speak)
    *RicklesP*
    MSCA (2003/XP), Security+, CCNA

** Remember: credit where credit is due, and reputation points as appropriate **

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to respond RicklesP,

Well the issue seems to have subsided on its own - which troubles me but I have other issues to worry about for now.

I tried to find a way to delete this thread but could not. If there is a moderator reading this, please do.

Thanks again!

Comment

Is DHCP on a DC or a Member Server?
        Did you have the 066 and/or the 067 option entered into the Scope?
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
        X