Ever seen a DHCP install do this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever seen a DHCP install do this?

Never seen this before and since it is now working I isn't going to dick around with it. Had enough trouble when the 2012 R2 Server didn't DCPromo correctly, DNS got borked and when it all got removed we booted into a non GUI screen.

Anyway, back to my Topic question.

Click image for larger version

Name:	dhcp-apipa.png
Views:	1
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	515185
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Multihomed server??

Comment

I presume it had a static IP originally, so I would be checking the network adapter(s) to see if any have lost it.
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by wullieb1 View Post
        Multihomed server??
        SHIT! Thanks Wullie. I didn't setup the server and I didn't check to see if both NICs were cabled. Too old for this crap now. Too many mistakes.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
          I presume it had a static IP originally, so I would be checking the network adapter(s) to see if any have lost it.
          'Twas the first HP server I have built but was surprised the iLO picked up a Dynamic IP from the DHCP in the Wireless/Modem/Router that was running before it was disable. Is that normal? From memory (hahahahaha) the Dell needed a Static IP for DRAC to work. This is a curiosity question. The first post was a DUH me!

For all your children out there, don't build DCs when you are on drugs (even when a doctor prescribes them). Click image for larger version

Name:	bang-head-wall.gif
Views:	11
Size:	2.3 KB
ID:	515190
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Yep - Dell server iDRAC's we bought used a static .25 address assigned - it caught me out (thanks to JeremyW for identifying that one). I would have expected a management interface to have a static IP...
            A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

ilo will definitely grab a DHCP address. I've seen this as well Biggles, as long as I know it's running properly, I'm not fussed about what it said up the top there
              Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
              X