Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Android Devices and DHCP

Hello,
    I'm having a problem with Android devices. Before using Windows, everything was going fine- the DHCP service was installed on Kerio Control. Now using Windows 2008, the devices are not able to obtain there IP addresses. It's Ok with a Static IP Address, but I don't want to do that every time.
    Is there any specific configurations that I need to do to allow Android users to get there devices working in the network?
    Thanks

Nope. We have multiple IP scopes that Android devices connect to in our network.

Care to explain how you have your scope configured and what your network topology is like at the moment,

Comment

Never had any issues with Android and a standard DHCP scope - have you configured any device classes?
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I have Nothing configured other than the basic configurations of dns, gateway, scope and the lease. I'll have a screenshot for the configs once I'm in my office. But I'm sure that there is something wrong with the Android Devices. The iOS device work fine. Thanks

Comment

Android doesn't require any alteration for dhcp client services, so if they worked before, they should work now.
          *RicklesP*
          MSCA (2003/XP), Security+, CCNA

** Remember: credit where credit is due, and reputation points as appropriate **

Comment

Working...
          X