Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New scope/Superscope monkey business - 2008 R2

Hi there:

As our company is growing, I decided it was time to make sure we don't run out of IPs. Rather than delete and recreate our current scope with a /22 or something, I figured I'd add a new scope, pointing to our existing gateway. Then I put my new scope (/24) and my old scope (also /24) into a superscope. Everything looks good on the server side. But when I try to test by giving my laptop a static IP in the new scope, I cannot get to the network or internet.

The connection in the systray says I'm on the network (hovering shows the network name), but has a yellow bang, and I cannot get to any network resources. Googling was no help; create a superscope was the best I could find.

This has got to be something simple/stupid that I'm missing, right? Right?

I might be sparse on the details here; AMA.

Thanks

Having two different scopes/subnets, each as a /24 necessitates routing between those two scopes/subnets. It also necessitates having a router (or router interface) connected to each subnet. My guess is that's what's missing.

Comment

Wow, way to hard IMO. Change to /23 and change the Mask on anything that has a static IP. That way everything is on the same range. Remember KISS. Also think what might happen if Mr Bus takes a liking to you going to or from work. How will your replacement get on figuring out what you have done. With a /23 network, there is nothing to figure out.

Comment

Working...
      X