Event ID 1056

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Event ID 1056

Just installed DHCP as a role on Server 2003 (virtual DC Global Catalog) and receiving this in the event log when I start the service.

The DHCP service has detected that it is running on a DC and has no credentials configured for use with Dynamic DNS registrations initiated by the DHCP service. This is not a recommended security configuration. Credentials for Dynamic DNS registrations may be configured using the command line "netsh dhcp server set dnscredentials" or via the DHCP Administrative tool.

Having ran this command 'netsh dhcp server show dnscredentials' on my other two DHCP servers (both DC GC) to see how they are configured, they 'all' return this:

The credentials used for DNS Dynamic registrations:
    User Name :
    Domain :

Any ideas?

Re: Event ID 1056

Did you see this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/282001
    Basically, either set credentials or ignore the message
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Yeah saw that and since both my Primary and Secondary have no credentials I thought I'd ask the question, plus they don't report any errors in the event log.
      Last edited by marcopolo; 10th August 2010, 08:59.

Comment

Restarted the DHCP server on my Primary yesterday and received the same message so I'm not too worried.

Comment

Working...
        X