Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DHCP CLient

Dear Sir ,
    I have Dell inspirion 1525 with vista home premium .. 32 bit operating system .
    In my laltop DHCP not working . I checked through Local area connection as well with wireless connection but DHCP not working .
    If i configure static IP it is working . I checked through going services.msc and put the DHCP as automatic and still not working

Please give me solution to make my DHCP service in laptop working .

Regards
    Techtest

Re: DHCP CLient

Hi Dear,

As per the post written by you DHCP doesn't work but the Statis IP works.
    There are many scenrio related to this.
    Please explain are u using Client/Server scenerio , I yes then ask your administrator to check whether the DHCP server is working or not. Ask your collegue whether he is getting the IP address from DHCP or not.
    If yes he is getting the IP Address from DHCP then you can go to Start > Run > CMD type IPCONFIG /Release > Enter. then IPCONFIG /Renew. It should discover for a new IP.

Let me know if it works or not.
    Also let me know the OS which DHCP server using.

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks
    Pankaj

Comment

We have D-link DIR 615 wirelss router , and for other vista laptops it is working .

I have checked to get dhcp ip in other offices also . there also i am not getting DHCP ip. IF i want to connect internet i have to configure manual IP .SO
      Can u give me solution to make my laptop to receve automatically IP>

Regards
      techtest

Comment

Anything in the event log regarding the DHCP service?
        Have you tried deleting the local area connection (in device manager) and letting vista recreate it?
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X