problem with dhcp allocator

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with dhcp allocator

I have a workstation under Windows XP Pro with 2 NIC's. The first NIC connect on Local domain LAN where are: DHCP, DNS server which work OK. The second NIC connect on Internet over Local provider. This connection is shared. In this computer there's proxy and the internet work ok in local LAN. But, in this computer whenever in morning i start them in the event viewer i receive messages
    Code:
    Event Type:    Error
     Event Source:    ipnathlp
    Event Category:    None
    Event ID:    30009
    Date:        23.7.2009
    Time:        7:09:06
    User:        N/A
    Computer:    workstation
    Description:
    The DHCP allocator encountered a network error while attempting to reply on IP address 240.49.70.102 to a request from a client. The data is the error code.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
    Data:
    0000: 36 27 00 00               6'..    

Event Type:    Error
    Event Source:    ipnathlp
    Event Category:    None
    Event ID:    30005
    Date:        23.7.2009
    Time:        7:09:06
    User:        N/A
    Computer:    workstation
    Description:
    The DHCP allocator has detected a DHCP server with IP address 192.168.0.x on the same network as the interface with IP address 192.168.0.x. The allocator has disabled itself on the interface in order to avoid confusing DHCP clients.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
    Can i power off the DHCP allocator and how? The DHCP allocator found two server: The DHCP server on LAN and DHCP on proxy workstation or from my ISP. The allocator powered off DHCP and this message show in event viewer.
    Thanks

Re: problem with dhcp allocator

If you're using ICS on the workstation then you should not have another DHCP server on the network. My suggestion would be to remove the other DHCP server. The workstation will handle all of the DHCP server duties for the network.

Comment

can i solve this problem that i don't power off the DHCP server in my local lan?

Comment

I don't understand what you're asking. Are you asking if the problem would be solved if you turn off your DHCP server? If so, then yes the problem would be solved but I would recommend not to turn off the server but just to turn off DHCP on the server.

Comment

ICS is an absolute nightmare when it comes to this sort of thing.

IMO buy a router and use that as your gateway to the internet rather than that PC.

Comment

i thought it that i power off DHCP on server. there's some solution that i don't turn off dhcp on server and i don't use the router?
            thank's

Comment

can i somehow set this workstation XP Pro with two NIC's that working like the router and then i turn off dhcp on router? How if it possibles?
              Thank's

Comment

Your seriously wasting your time trying to do that. On an XP box the only way to do what you want is to use ICS which basically NEEDS to be your DHCP server.

Buy a cheap router and use that.

Comment

I solved the problem. I turned off the ICS and this computer i installed proxy program. The messages doesn't show more in the event viewer

Comment

Thats what we've been telling you.

Using ICS as a router is a nasty process and if i'm honest i despise it with a passion.

For the cost of a cheap router you'll save a whole heap of hassle.

Comment

Working...
                    X